Senior Web Developer / Technical Lead, Pearl and Victory, London, UK
• Full technical responsibility for management and delivery of all projects in the company.
• Design, architect and implement an entirely bespoke, award winning, content managed crowd funding platform for projects in local spaces. http://spacehive.com
• Write scalable web 2.0 applications for cloud deployment environments, scaling across web farms, and leverage 3rd party services to enhance, performance, logging, caching, load testing and email services.
• Work with 3rd party application, and APIs to provide social media, email and retail integration, Ebay, Shopify, Campaign monitor, Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter, Mail chimp, PayPal
• Implement 3 completely different payment systems to take donations, create common payment interfaces and extendibility points for future developments.
• Excellent communication skills working well with remote team of developers, designers, testers, service providers and project managers.
• Implement customised open source content management system for worldwide multinational charity organisation, including numerous custom enhancements, both in terms of CMS user experience and front-end functionality. http://riders.org
• Work on performance and load testing to ensure the site is responsive and can handle high levels of traffic.
• Support consult and develop for an on line community of book lovers http://authonomy.com
Technologies: ASP. Net 4 / 3.5, MVC 3 /4, JQuery, Coffee script, Entity Framework, Nhibernate, Dependency injection, Unit testing, AJAX, CSS, SQL, C#, Web services
Senior Web Developer, Communisis, Leeds, UK
• Technical Lead on large scale MVC Application that interfaces with a number of existing solutions
• Managed own time effectively across number of different projects and responsibilities
• Managed, supported and developed further functionality for company Digital Asset Management solutions affecting a number of big name clients (LloydsTSB, Department of Education, Tesco, Brighthouse, T-mobile).
• Work effectively and efficiently on enterprise level Point of Sale project for a demanding client.
• Involved in high-level architectural decisions about the company’s technical strategy.
Web Developer, Credit Consumer Counselling Service, Leeds, UK
• Worked on large and complicated projects using new technologies (.Net 4.0, MVC2, Nhibernate, Jquery, IoC,). Adapting well to new working environments and technological practices.
• Implemented new working practices that have been adopted for future development projects.
• Given and able to handle increasing levels of responsibility.
Technologies: ASP. Net 4 / 3.5, JQuery, MVC, MSTest, Nunit, Nhibernate, AJAX, XML, XSLT, CSS, SQL, C#
GIS Web Developer, Eagle Technology, Wellington, New Zealand
• Designed, developed and delivered enterprise level bespoke GIS software solutions for the web
• Develop a bespoke sophisticated on line mapping application supporting 27 configurable map layers. Auckland city council “Spatial I”
• Developed client rich web interfaces that access complex geographical data without page post backs.
• Implemented predictive searching functionality on addresses, place names and legal descriptions.
• Maximised GIS Search capabilities by implementing advanced selection tools, ability to select geographical features by Point, Multi-Point, Polygon, selection within current selection and buffer current selection.
• Created bespoke cross browsers graphical map measure tool that requires no 3rd party browser plug-ins.
• Worked as the lead developer on large project, delivering a robust and sophisticated solution within 6 months.
• Developed New Zealand Archaeological Association GIS web application with add and editing functionality.
• Worked well as part of a larger team on New Zealand Forestry's climate change emissions trading scheme.
ASP.Net Web Developer, Contract Web Developer, Leeds, UK
• Designed, programmed and delivered an intuitive data driven interface for a help page system
• Developed a robust month-end reporting application from dynamic data.
• Designed and developed a web biased delivery planning and management application.
• Business to business importing of orders and exporting of reports.
• Developed web biased order searching and customer order tracking.
• Managed medium size projects from specification through to completion.
• Communicated effectively with people from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Development Analyst / Application Developer, NHS, Bradford, UK
• Hard work, effectiveness, project management and Communication skills realised and appreciated as I was promoted with in the organisation
• Developed bespoke web applications to facilitate improve access to information.
• Produced interactive web graphs and charts that dynamically query data
• Greatly enhanced the appearance, functionality and efficiency of web pages
• Developed a good understanding of SQL and database design and structure
• Managed, developed and co-ordinated small-scale IT projects.
• Tested and analysed new software and introduced new software to different levels of staff.
Application Developer, Contract Application Developer, Leeds, UK
• Full Project life cycle experience, developing applications from conception to completion.
• State Securities – Intuitive interface for information held on AS400 servers.
• Furniture logistics – Delivery planning and management system, importing/ exporting for orders and invoice
• Furniture123 – Web Site Coordinator / Developer / Consultant
Education & Training
• March 2010 – Nhibernate In house training course.
• Nov 2008 – Arc objects training course.
• Sept 2008 – Microsoft Tech Ed; Auckland NZ.
• Feb 2004 – Asp.net 5 day training course.
• 1995–1998 Leeds University – Bachelors degree with Honours in Sociology: 2:II
• 1993–1995 Barton Peveril College, Hampshire – A-levels in Mathematics with Mechanics (B), Business Studies (B) and Sociology (B)
• 1988–1993 Romsey School, Hampshire – 9 GCSEs grade C and above in Mathematics, Design & Communication, Combined Science(x 2), English Language, English Literature, History, German and Drama
Outside of work hours I help run a community dance group Bristol Contact Dance we organise weekly classes and open Jam spaces, as well as yearly national events and workshops.
I’ve also helped friends with small-scale personal websites, setting up CMS systems using Ruby on Rails
Posted by Zoe Coleman (Director), Pearl and VictoryWritten testimonial:
I have been working with Ali for the last two years and he is an exceptionally good lead developer, one of the best I have worked with. He is self motivated and takes his work very seriously. The success of Spacehive.com is testament to his hard work and innovation. Constantly learning more from the development community, he's always on top of the latest web trends. Ali is also a great person to work with because he is so invested in each project he leads. He's also fun to be around and an asset to any team. I can't recommend him highly enough.
Lead developer Design, architect and implement an entirely bespoke, award winning, content managed crowd funding platform for projects in local spaces
skills used: .NET, ASP.Net, SQL, C#
Riders for health
Lead developer Implement customised open source content management system for worldwide multinational charity organisation, including numerous custom enhancements, both in terms of CMS user experience and front-end functionality
skills used: .NET, ASP.Net, C#, SQL
Location flexibilityWithin Bristol .
Within South west .
Length of contractDays.