Web development and programming:
• Extensive knowledge of object-oriented PHP (6 years with OO, 8 years with more traditional procedural coding) with extensive experience of implement MVC frameworks such as Zend and Cake.
• Development and deployment of custom modules andcomponents for Drupal (mainly 6) Joomla, and WordPress.
• SQL (principally MySQL and Oracle)
• Modern XHTML meeting W3C accessibility criteria. Standards-compliant CSS with table-less layout. Can easily implement wireframes provided by designers.
• XML transformations with XSLT and Xpath for web services
• Good understanding of RESTful architecture using JSON, XML-RPC or SOAP.
• Unit Testing (PHPUnit) and Selenium tests
• Good understanding of command-line Linux and Apache configuration.
• Complex regular expressions for text validation and analysis.
• Experience with document-centric search applications such as Solr and Sphinx.
• Firm foundation in Java with some exposure to Ruby, Python and C# .NET.
Lead developer on this Drupal project for a busy conveyancing site developing a number of custom forms, views, integrating multimedia and developing a module to send user data to a Soap server.
skills used: Drupal, jQuery, MySql
Snow Carbon Ltd
Primary developer of several bespoke Drupal modules for ski holiday search utility and train booking facility.
skills used: Drupal, PHP, jQuery, MySql