Jan. 2010 – Present
Self-Employed - Freelance Software Engineer: Austin, TX, U.S.A.
* Designed and programmed projects on multiple platforms, including C++, C#, Java, PHP, OpenGL, MS XNA, Eclipse and MS Visual Studio.
Oct. 2009 – Dec. 2009
Trion World Network - Software Engineer, Platform Engineering: Austin, TX, U.S.A.
* Designed and programmed video game networking and distributed computing technologies.
* Worked in an AGILE methodology environment using a combination of C++, C# and .NET.
Mar. 2008 – Aug. 2008
Oklahoma State University - Application Developer, Software Services: Stillwater, OK, U.S.A.
* Supported the suite of administrative systems and web applications for the OSU A&M network.
* Developed vital systems using PHP, Mojavi MVC, Smarty, Java, Oracle, PL/SQL and SVN.
Nov. 2006 – Sept. 2007
University of Sussex - Research Fellow: Falmer, Brighton, U.K.
* Improved PAL research system using PHP, Perl, MySQL and Subversion.
* Developed and tested the STAGE research project system using C/C++, OpenGL and Java.
Aug. 2002 – Aug. 2005
JET Programme - Assistant Language Teacher, Prefectural: Ishikawa, Japan
* Conducted lessons, created materials and formed new evaluation systems for high school English classes in collaboration with the English faculty using innovative theories and tools.
Sept. 2005 – Aug. 2006
University of Sussex: Falmer, Brighton, U.K.
MSc Intelligent Systems, with Distinction (4.0 GPA equivalent)
* Subjects include: AI Programming – A, Interactive Learning Environments – A.
* Dissertation: Implementing philosophical theories of concepts in an intelligent tutoring system.
Aug. 1997 – May 2001
University of Tulsa: Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
BSc Computer Science, Minor: Mathematics, 3.5 GPA (1:1 equivalent)
* Subjects include: Fundamentals of Computer Graphics (C++ OpenGL / POV-Ray) – A
* Final Group Project: Customizable monster collection and battle video game for children.
Mar. 2000 – Dec. 2000
IES Tokyo: Makuhari, Chiba, Japan
* Subjects include: Japanese in Context I & II – A/B, International Business Communication – A.
* IES Tokyo offers classes through Kanda University of International Studies, as well as an
internship with software developer and distributor Real Time Graphics Inc.
Oklahoma State University
Supported the suite of administrative systems and web applications for the Oklahoma State University A&M network, which includes 8 colleges and universities in Oklahoma.
Programmed and designed MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game technologies that act as the base framework for all Trion Worlds games.
skills used: C#, .NET, C++, XML, VC++
Global Game Jam
A worldwide game design and programming challenge. Games must be completed within 48 consecutive hours. 2010. 'The Delusionist'. A puzzle/stealth game created in C++ using OpenGL. 2011. 'Our Last Stand'. A survival space shooter created in C# using MS XNA.
skills used: C++, C#, VC++
University of Sussex
The STAGE research group aims to teach programming skills using Augmented Reality and Embodied Interface. Sole programmer for the entire research project.
skills used: C++, Java, VC++
Location flexibilityWithin North Hollywood.
Within United States of America.
Would temporarily relocate.
Length of contractDays.