Freelance Front End Website Developer
posted on 5th July 2017
applications received 7
budget Day rate TBA
Geyser Ltd is looking to appoint a freelance front end web developer, on a short term, full time basis for the period Monday 10th July 2017 until Friday 18th August 2017 – 5 weeks.
We are looking for someone who is available to work Monday to Friday between those dates. We will require a daily skype call with the chosen candidate at the end of each day (approx 4.30 to 5pm GMT).
We are a UK based company in Bolton, Greater Manchester.
We are happy to work with a developer located in another country (ie India) as long as that individual can speak fluent English and is happy to work UK hours.
Freelance Front End Website Developer (fully experienced in Bootstrap and Magento 2.0)
Alex Ramsay, Sales & Marketing Director
ALSO WORKS IN CONJUNCTION WITH:
• Geyser’s Other Freelance Back End Developer
• 5 Days per week.
• 9-5. 7.5 Hour Days.
• Day rate to be negotiated – based on initial conversations and potential commitment.
• We are an established business for over 10 years and there will be no issue with payment which can be made on a weekly basis.
• We are in the final phase of developing our new website ready for launching shortly.
• This new site has been built in Magento 2.0.
• The back end has been fully developed by our back end developer and uses core Magento elements along with fully bespoke custom coded aspects.
• The new site has been fully designed by a digital agency and we have proofs of the new site on proofing portal, Marvel in addition to flattened PSD files of every page from which the HTML front end pages can be built.
• The front end pages have been part developed already (approx 30% of the total pages) and we are looking to bring in another fully experience front end developer to help us finish off the project.
• The front end has been built in Bootstrap for Magento and is fully responsive across all 4 main viewing platforms (desktop, tablet portrait, tablet landscape and mobile).
• At present our old website hosted at www.geyser.co.uk is built in OsCommerce 2.2.
• This new Magento 2.0 site will fully replace the old website once launched.
• We have the old site running on its own server and the new site in development sat on separate server.
• The old site works well and performs very well for us in its current state, however we are committed, to upgrading to the new Magento platform.
So as you can see from our initial tasks we need a developer who is fully proficient as follows:
o Magento 2.0
o Bootstrap Framework
• We need approx 15 to 20 front end pages HTML pages building in Bootstrap – fully responsive to all devices.
• You will have both an online Marvel proof and a flattened PSD from which to create each page.
• The design and styling of the website is already in place, fully created so it’s a job of simply creating the pages from the designs supplied.
• You shall have approx 1 – 1.5 days per page.
• There will be no back end work required as once the standalone pages are completed the back end developer will wrap the pages around the back end database and make live each working function.
• Each page needs to be cross browser compatible in addition to being fully responsive.
• As this project is near deadline we are looking for someone experienced who can hit the ground running.
• Someone who has the time to dedicate to this project.
• If we form a successful working relationship there will be the potential further work as we plan to continually develop the site going forward.
We have the following strict deadlines in place:
• Monday 10th July – Friday 29th July – Finish coding up all front end HTML pages.
• Monday 31st July – Launch the new site on www.geyser.co.uk in BETA test mode.
• Monday 31st July – Friday 4th August – Fix any major bugs from BETA launch.
• Monday 7th August – Officially launch the new site on www.geyser.co.uk
• Monday 7th August – Friday 18th August – Remove the BETA strap from the site for full launch and continue to fix any bugs.
• If you feel you have the experience AND time to commit to this project, please apply via this site telling me about how you would approach this project and confirming you have the time to commit.
• The next step will be a Skype call with Alex Ramsay to assess the potential of working together.
• We are looking to start someone straight away or by Monday 10th July at the very latest.
OTHER ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE/ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to Extract Design Elements from Photoshop Documents
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A very good standard of numeracy.
• Proficient in the English language – both written and spoken.
• Ability to plan and organise own workload.
• Attention to detail.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
You need to log in to apply for this project.