PHP Freelancer Required
posted on 13th March 2018
applications received 12
budget £20 p/h
I am a freelance web designer and developer looking for someone to help me out with an estimated 10-15 hours work per month initially. The majority of the work will be for a single client - one the UK largest providers of football leagues, all of which is administered through their website and backend. To start with you'll just be working with me but in the long term I'd like you to have contact with the clients.
Main Features of the Role
- Self employed on a part time basis
- Estimated 10-15 hours per month will be required
- Working hours flexible although must be contactable by phone/email/skype messager during normal office hours.
- Hourly rate around the £20 p/h level
- Payable monthly by invoice.
- Ability to do graphics (Photoshop) a bonus but not essential
- Initial three month contract, thereafter three months notice on either side
1. Investigating errors or bugs reported by users - troubleshooting the existing codebase (PHP - CodeIgniter Framework and Legacy code)
2. Changing code as per requests (e.g changes to made GDPR compliant)
3. Adding new functions and reports
4. Once new functions or reports are created, communicate and train the client on their use and act as trouble shooter and user support thereafter.
You will be working from home but must be based in the UK.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organised, systematic and thorough
- Understand the basic mechanics of football leagues (league tables, fixtures etc)
- Committed and stable (this is a permanent position)
- Ability to take instruction and constructive critcism positively
Technical Skills (essential)
- Web Development: PHP/MySQL
Technical Skills (bonus)
- Linux Server Administration (Server runs Centos)
- Web Graphics (Photoshop or similar)
To apply, and only if you are based in the UK, please reply with a cover letter describing your work situation and current hourly rate, and a link to your CV.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
You need to log in to apply for this project.